Get Involved and Volunteer
Do you want to know how to get involved with PAL? Here are a few ideas from our office...and we would love to hear about any others that you might have.
- Receive our weekly email blast (sign up at the bottom of this page)
- Attend regularly scheduled PAL events like the 2nd Tuesday night runs or Friday lunchtime bicycle rides
- Donate time, money, in-kind items like bicycles
- Volunteer - see needs below
- Serve as an advocate in policy-related issues, when timely
Volunteer opportunities -- see the attached and below
Current: BCycle mechanic
This volunteer opportunity includes required training specific to the BCycle bikes and docks. The stations and bikes require regular routine maintenance. The volunteer and the BCycle coordinator will determine a flexible schedule; this work can be done in teams.
If interested, please contact Christy Barrett.
- Coordinate volunteers and tasks for PAL
- Create and update a video-based media channel
- Assist with park planning for proposed 7 acre park on MBF Rail Trail
- Coordinate medical professionals quarterly meetings around improving childhood obesity rates
- Our partners with the Trees Coalition conduct weekly clean-up events on trails and other locations
Want more information on these opportunities, contact email@example.com