On the Partners for Active Living podcast,The Daily Required, we talk about the work we're doing, interview friends and partners about the ways they like to stay active, and talk with experts about the work they do as we aim to make Spartanburg a healthier place to live, work and play.
Written on April 25th 2019.Posted in
Written on April 19th 2019.Posted in
Written on March 29th 2019.Posted in
Written on February 20th 2019.Posted in
Written on February 8th 2019.Posted in
Written on January 23rd 2019.
In this episode, we focus on the Mary Black Foundation Rail Trail, which surpassed 100,000 annual uses in 2018, up 38% over 2017. We interview volunteers at a trail work day, and talk with Mitch Kennedy, Community Services Director at the City of Spartanburg, about the role the trail plays in Sp… read morePosted in
Written on November 16th 2018.
By Phillip Stone, former PAL board member
Running in the Turkey Day 8k has become part of my Thanksgiving tradition.
I first ran in the 8k in 2010, and I’ve been in it every year since. I use the word “run” loosely, since I usually start off running and somewhere about halfway up the hill on … read morePosted in
Written by Laura Ringo on October 24th 2018.
By Laura Ringo, Executive Director at Partners for Active Living
Over the last two months Partners for Active Living’s board of directors has spent time exploring the meaning behind our name, specifically the word ‘partners’. Our discussion included –
- What should it mean to … read more
Written by Liz Perry on September 21st 2018.
Foodshare SC is an innovative program that provides fresh produce to families, especially those who receive supplemental nutrition assistance or SNAP. The program has been expanding since its inception in 2015 and has distributed more than 23,000 fresh food boxes in several South Carolina communitie… read morePosted in
- Walking on the Westside
- More Cowbell: Inside the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Criterium 2019
- Alissa Duncan, Healthy Communities Coordinator, and the Healthy People Healthy Carolinas Grant
- Oakland Elementary and the Spartanburg Healthy Schools Initiative
- The Noble Tree Foundation plants 42 trees on the MBF Rail Trail
- History and Active Living: A Panel Discussion
- Over 100,000 Uses on the MBF Rail Trail
- The Turkey Day 8K, the Marion Avenue hill, and me
- The Meaning of Our Name
- Foodshare SC