Walking & Bicycling
Partners for Active Living supports all forms of physical activity. However, we focus specifically on walking and bicycling because they are typically the most accessible forms to the most people in the most places for the least cost. In improving the health of our community, PAL offers programs and events that highlight walking and bicycling.
If you are looking for bicycling routes, there are a variety of options published by Spartanburg Convention and Visitor's Bureau.
Some of our favorite walking routes include:
- Seeing Spartanburg in a New Light - walking/biking options to see the sights!
- Mary Black Foundation Rail Trail - 1.9 miles total
- Daniel's Downtown Delight - 2 miles total
- Downtown Steeple Chase - 2.8 miles total.
- Historic Hampton Heights Home Tour & Rail Trail - 1.45 miles total or 3.15 miles total
- Converse College and Heights - 2.3 miles total
- Other favorite places to walk